Friday, December 5, 2014

05.12.14

morning run:
Frijolita
Truman
Chester
Reggie
Gowron
Luna
Hazel
Tori
Murci
(9)

Northern charcos: ~8k. Nobody left on the leash for once. Both Tori and Murci had their muzzles on to cut down on the crazy barking before we left; they came off even before we got to the shrimpery while we were still on the first trail. Everyone was really up for a run today but I was a bit sluggish for the first couple of kilometers; I finally shook it off as we were getting to the swimming hole and felt okay after that. I was going to head south but there were so many flamingos on the land bridge that I called everyone back to me from the intersection and took the dirty road instead; everyone that had run ahead turned more or less on a dime and came with me - no flamingos were chased. We took the other land bridge instead (flamingo-free) so I just kept heading north. We hit the swimming hole in both directions and made decent time the whole way. I put Tori on the long leash and Hazel on the short one before we got to the shrimpery on the way home and everyone was good to the gate.
GRADE: A

morning arrival:
Archie
Linda
Xmul*
(3)

To the tortuga sign on the beach and home via the monte: ~3k. Xmul is having a sleepover with us tonight. We want to bring her back for short visits a little more often this year to make it go smoother when she comes back; she has so many humans looking after her who love her that we actually have to coordinate to adore her properly. I ran down to meet Nicole, Xmul, Mel and Rudolph with Archie on the leash and Linda loose. Pleasantries were exchanged without too much trouble and we separated with me and my three heading north at a reasonable clip (Linda is such a trooper). Archie came off the leash just past the army base. The beach isn't that pleasant right now. There are large mounds of rotting seaweed everywhere that were thrown up onto the beach from recent storms. There's a thick layer of the stuff under the sand in many places which makes footing unsure and frequently disgusting... naturally, the dogs don't mind that. We more or less picked our way through the soggy surf to the tortuga sign and then took the pace up a little. Xmul was good throughout, as were Archie and Linda. We took the blue.bag trail home; I put Archie on the leash at the shrimpery to keep him from lagging and rolling in something disgusting behind my back. Nice shorty with some cuties.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!