Monday, December 22, 2014

22.12.14

morning run:
Blue
Eve
Truman
Osita
Chester
Rufus
Jack
Tori
Murci
(9)

Northern loop: ~8k. I hurt my right ankle on Saturday while basically doing nothing: I just slipped a little while making an awkward, dog-related movement and was instantly in so much pain it made me queasy. Luckily Roni is a pro at this kind of thing and wrapped my ankle like she does hers; that plus an icebag, two ibuprofin and another day's rest seems to have restored it completely. Roni re-wrapped it before I ran and it held up to the stress just fine. I was a little ginger on it at first but it felt good on the run and it was a fast one. Rufus was the only one who left on the leash; Murci had her muzzle on for the first 200 meters. I took us out north via the blue.bag trail but I wasn't settled our route until I was sure my ankle was fine and everyone was doing well; we left a little late and it was a bit hot in the direct sun. It turned out everyone really wanted to run but I didn't want to push the distance so instead we pushed the pace on several long stretches. We looped around north to the head of the palapa road and crossed at the bag.end land bridge to the swimming hole. Everyone was really good the whole way; they drank a lot from the bottle and stayed close to me. We came home via the dirty road. I had Tori and Truman on either ends of the long leash and Rufus on the short one by the time we got to the final trail. I chose those dogs because they're the ones with a propensity to charge off in chase of some stray within 200m of the house and it turned out to be the correct call: we got barked at by a stray up near the soldiers' as we crossed the road (I think the one we got sterilized) and another to the south just on our road; if those three had been off the leash they would've formed a greeting party for sure but instead everyone else stuck with me and we all arrived at the gate together. Good run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!