Friday, April 24, 2015

24.04.15

morning run:
Blue
Rita
Chester
Elewah
Lily
Twiggy
MoMo
Tori
Roxy
(9)

Hidden trail: ~8k. The more the southern charcos fill up with salt workers the more I want to head north, so that's what we're doing right now. I don't really mind... the more we run the hidden trail the more of an actual trail it will become and maybe after a few more runs I won't look like a pincushion by the time we emerge on the beach. A nasty pile of fishy filth was dumped recently right next to our normal route north so I was definitely ready to hit the beach and rinse the stink of death off of the dogs by the time we got there. I did not forget about the dead sheep this time: I decided to go that way anyway because it was probably decomposed pretty well by now and I didn't feel like dealing with the heat if we turned into the monte early at Au Soleil Couchant. It ended up being fine: I kept them close to me verbally when we were nearing the awful place, sped up to get to the corpse with them and then shooed them away and kept us moving. I don't think anyone got a good roll in it this time; all I have to do is run like a gazelle from the beach to the dead sheep to beat the dogs there... see? Easy. I let Roxy off the leash on the beach but kept her on for most of the run; she definitely is inclined to bark and charge at people and motos still so we're going to continue to work on it. She's great on the leash, at least. Everyone else was really good. Elewah did not screw around at the end and we all arrived at the gate together.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!