Sunday, April 26, 2015

26.04.15

morning run:
Gracie
Posey
Godzilla
Eve
Daisy
Luna
Xmul
Hazel
Murci
(9)

Hidden trail: ~8k. I took Daisy against my better judgment; she really needed to go but she's been a pain on runs with faster dogs recently. It isn't that she can't run fast, she just doesn't want to. I managed her lagging with the leash and by bringing the pace down a bit but it was still painful at times. One thing is for sure: she likes the beach a lot and doesn't mind running her ass off there. It might be that the heat gets to her because she threw herself into the surf a lot but she had no problem keeping up on the beach and I made a point of picking up the pace in spots. Roni and I now have a filth map of the monte in our heads: there are two spots close to home where large piles of nasty fish filth have been dumped, right where we walk and run, and there are at least two more spots out in the deep monte where I go that I have to remember lest my dogs cover themselves in death. This turns walks and runs into a combination memory game/mad scramble at times... they were all pretty gross by the time we hit the beach, so at least I got to rinse them once, and I kept most of them off of the dead sheep at the end so I guess I get a passing grade this time. We'll have to start taking Daisy on walks more for a while, at least, but it was still a decent run and everyone had a good time. The heat is starting to get really serious but at least there are no bugs.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Amber
Zoot
Cookie
(3)

Roni took these three out with the dual purpose of tiring out the electron.twins and getting Cookie out on her first walk. Yay Cookie! She was on the leash at the start and at the end and figured it out pretty quickly. It was quite hot out already and they all spent some time panting in the shade when there was some but everyone had a blast anyway. Cookie definitely wanted to make sure she knew where Roni was at all times... smart Cookie.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!