Friday, October 30, 2015

30.10.15

morning run:
Posey
Frijolita*
Truman
Gowron
Xmul
Mega
Steve McQueen
Murci
Cookie
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. Frijolita screwed me like she did once before: she decided she didn't want to go south just as we got across the land bridge, turned tail and ran home. When I saw the look on her face I knew she was going to do that so I didn't bother arguing with her. I don't know what she has against that route but I won't take her that way again. The rest of my charges were just fine with this route - it was, in fact, a blast. Once we turned east into the monte it was extremely flooded in parts and everyone had a good time slogging through the water and muck until we reached a dry trail again. As we passed the intersection with the bag-end land bridge I heard machinery to the northeast, where it sounded like they were running a salt loader, so we crossed west at the wide berm just south of that spot. Everyone knew what I was thinking and did exactly what they should do without my saying anything. The swimming hole was fun and everyone enjoyed it. I forgot about Angel's corner being so populated with dogs right now and crossed at the alt. land bridge, which got us barked at. A few of my charges went to investigate but came back quickly. I should just run the ridge to get home for a while, since we all like it and it bypasses that spot. No real misbheavior and a very high pace on an overcast day.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!