Wednesday, March 23, 2011

23.03.11

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
Osita
Ziggy
Lily
Monkey
Floyd
(7)

Left late, so I took fewer than normal, which again turned out to be a good idea. We started out by heading north via the trails past the tortuga road, and then on north as though we were going to the long and winding road. When we got to the turn at the north of those charcos, however, it seemed like it was getting late and hot, and I have work to do, so I thought I would take the short-cut back via the chacos to the east. That idea backfired, however, as I quickly found out that there are people working everywhere out there; I was right on top of Floyd the whole way, and he was honestly starting to get fatigued from the heat, but I really didn't want to screw around, so I ended up doubling back north and trying to find an alternate route across those charcos to the road that spills out onto the main route east and then north. Although the charcos are very low now (which is why everyone is working them), it was still difficult going, and I don't know that part of the monte as well as I do others. We ended up off-roading and going around in a big circle, coming out on one of those access roads that fan out off of the long and winding road, and then heading south back the way we came. Floyd, Bette, Monkey and Lily drank all of the water, and both Floyd and Ziggy were plenty tired. Everyone was good, at least; I think it would've been fine if we had just gone past where people were working because there were no vehicles, but I no longer take chances when I'm out with Floyd. All in all a pretty hard slog for no good reason... at least there were no bugs.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!