Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12.04.11

mid-morning jaunt:
Lucy
Gracie
Lily
Floyd
(4)

These were the dogs that were out, so I took them with Floyd for a late morning run to the beach at the tortuga sign (~3k). We came home on the beach, watching out for Weltin and various other hazards. There was a chihuahua roaming around loose in front of the HoJo; it had a collar on and didn't seem too concerned about us, but I was glad I only had four with me. Lily saw it right away but listened to me and stuck by my side. Floyd, naturally, had no clue. Gracie didn't care, and Lucy didn't notice until we were well past. Floyd is an excellent swimmer, and went out at every opportunity farther than everyone else. Lily now jumps in and swims like a champ with no coaxing, and Gracie swam a lot for her. Water is pleasantly chilly and clear, and there are spots on the beach that are mostly clear of seaweed, but also long stretches where it is thick enough that it is unpleasant to go in there.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!