Wednesday, April 27, 2011

27.04.11

morning run:
Ginger
Bette
Godzilla
Gowron
Maggie
Ziggy
Stella
Floyd
(8)

Floyd is still a bit skittish about the beach side of the yard, but perhaps a bit less so than yesterday. Very strange. We went down the dirty road, across the alternate land bridge to the cut-over, through the intersection, to the Au Soleil Couchant road, down to the beach and home: ~5k. Everyone did well and was behaving themselves until we got in front of our house. There is a stray that's been hanging around near our house on the beach - she looks like Daisy, and could very well be her mom. I was on the lookout for her as we approached, but she's hard to see because of her coloration; Zilla saw her before I did and led the charge, which I'm sorry to report included most of my troops. I put Floyd in the yard first, then went back out and gathered up the rest of them, who sheepishly obeyed me. Ziggy was not involved - he was having poop issues up the beach, and straggled in last, clueless and sporting a nasty tail end as always... such a charmer. Not a great finish, but a decent run.
GRADE: C

morning puppy run:
George
Gowron
Daisy
Twiggy
Una
Mo
Xmul
(7)

George is an angel, and Gowron loves to swim so much I took her as a swimming coach for the pups, which worked out well. We only went to the tortuga sign and back: ~2k. Twiggy will jump in and swim to me however far out I am in the water every time I ask her to, and her sisters will increasingly do so as well. Xmul and Daisy aren't too sure about that swimming stuff, but they are warming to it. Daisy wanted to smell some garbage on the beach in front of our house, but in general everyone was good and had a good time... I think George might even like some of the pups (Xmul, who is a hit with all the big dogs).
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!