Wednesday, June 1, 2011

01.06.11

morning beach patrol:
Greta
Shirley
Miles
(3)

We're in the throes of multiple visitors plus on-going remodeling/construction madness, so mornings are fairly chaotic and fluid right now. Greta got out first to do 8 laps in clear, chilly waters. She was a champ and ran down to the water for me so I didn't have to wrestle with her so much. Shirley was next and did 7 laps like a trooper. While Shirley was in the water, Roni brought Miles out to read his pee-mail and otherwise patrol the waterfront, which he did with aplomb.
GRADE: A

beach jaunt #1:
Alice
Frijolita
Gowron
Floyd
(4)

Next up was the Floyd crew which went with me almost to the tortuga sign and back: 2k. Frijolita, like all her siblings, is an incredibly good girl: she listens, has fun and looks good doing it. Alice actually ran with enthusiasm and poked around in the scrub a lot. Gowron swam the entire way, and didn't come in afterwards... I think she knew what my plans were, because I wasn't too upset with her. She just swims around in front of the house if left to her own devices... ridiculously cute.
GRADE: A

beach jaunt #2:
Gowron
Mo
Una
Twiggy
Xmul
(5)

I let the pups out, sans Daisy, since she's gone for a real run recently and I wanted to focus on the little ones. We don't want them getting programmed to take off running north the second we let them out the beach gate, like a few of the dogs. Gowron was perfect for this, since she was in the water in front of the house - the pups all immediately ran down to her and started playing in the water, which is what I wanted. Instead of running I just walked north slowly, frequently going into the water and calling them to me. Xmul was of course more interested in finding stuff to eat on the beach, but even she came to the shore and jumped in a lot. The rest of them had a good time jumping into the water and horsing around. We took our time getting to the "pier" and then turned around. There was a little comedy wrangling them at the gate, but at least Gowron and Xmul were good and ran in straight off. Everyone had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!