Tuesday, June 28, 2011

28.06.11

morning sprint:
Blue
Posey
Ziggy
Lily
Molly
Floyd
(6)

It's been raining for two days now so there weren't a huge number of takers for a slog through the muck. I waited for a while to see if the rain would lift and when it did a little I took off with this crew, mainly to get Floyd and Ziggy out and tire them a bit. We sprinted a 2.5k loop down the dead goat trail, across the nearest land bridge, along the ridge to the main land bridge and home via the shrimpery. The combination of slick mud and Floyd jet-assist somehow failed to produce a spectacular fall on my part, although I did have to haul back on the leash and make him stop pulling a few times. Ziggy was insufferable before we left so I really wanted to make this faster than his normal pace and tire him out. So far it looks like I succeeded. The bugs were noticeable in places for the first time this year. Everyone had a good time, anyway.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!