Friday, May 11, 2012

11.05.12

morning run:
Eve
Chester
Archie
Frankie
Molly
Stella
Luna
Mo
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. If I had just left any ONE of the pain-in-the-ass dogs on this run home it might've been fun but as it stood it was nothing but work from start to end. I left with Molly on the hook so of course Stella was absolutely awful; she flat-out ran the coco trail to the dead goat three-way, ignoring me completely and forcing me to go that way. Of course she was on the hook from that point on and I honestly don't think she will ever be off the leash again - she is simply terrible. Molly was similarly bad in various places and also cannot be trusted off the leash. About halfway down the hidden trail itself Frankie started running much too far ahead, dragging Luna and Mo with her - they were at the beach a full minute before the rest of us. Frankie went on the leash there until we got to the tortuga sign (which is no longer standing). Molly had to go on the hook when we got to the turn off of the tortuga road and Luna also started not listening, so by the time I hit the dead got three-way on the way home I had three dogs on: Stella, Molly and Luna. I mostly walked from that point home I was so angry with them. Chester and Eve were completely faultless but they are the only ones whose names I did not call - even Archie had to get yelled at for screwing around too much. The moral of the story is that only ONE of Molly, Stella, Frankie, Luna or Mo can be on the same run, and not with other dogs that will probably need the leash. The best that can be said is that we all came home together.
GRADE: C

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Bette
Tito
(5)

Roni took this crew out for a walk down to the salt ponds. Miles screwed around a lot and made it unpleasant at points and Roni carried Zasu for a spell because she came up lame after a brief stint running with Bette, who was on the leash the whole way.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!