Wednesday, October 17, 2012

17.10.12

morning run:
Truman
Chester
Archie
Reggie
Rufus
Ernie
Jack
Luna
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. I really thought about going 10k today but I decided against it because I didn't really leave early enough. This would've been a good group for it... maybe next time. I threw Luna in because she was desperate to go on the last one. Rufus was more crazed at the gate on the way out than he has been in a little while - not sure why other than the fact that everyone else was also really excited and it carried him along. He calmed down quickly and came off the leash by the time we got to the tortuga crossroads. We took the long way along the parallel access road but still saw a lot of flamingos; I kept a close watch on Ernie and did not let him stray far from the straight and narrow. Reggie was a joy as always; he's so happy to go and he gets along so well with everyone that it's hard not to feel good about taking him. I put Luna on the leash just after we crossed doce leaving the beach because she was the last one back from an extended raiding party to the garbage heap nearby; it turns out she needed a bit of a reminder on the leash so I'm glad she came. She threw all the standard doggie tricks at me: trying to cross me up with the leash, dragging her heels, etc. I left her on until we got home with Ernie on the other end of the leash at the shrimpery. When we were in sight of the gate Rufus, Jack, Reggie and Truman surged north across the road and screwed around a little near the construction site; I put everyone else back in and rounded them up. No harm but I think Rufus and perhaps Truman should be on the leash coming home from the shrimpery for their next few outings.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!