Thursday, January 3, 2013

03.01.13

morning run:
Osita
Truman
Tuesday
Daisy
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Steve McQueen
(8)

Southern charcos: ~8k. There were a lot of shenanigans getting out of the gate which culminated in two moringa saplings being knocked out of their pots, breaking one of them; not a good way to start. Things seemed to go alright on the run once we got going but I noticed that Osita was hanging back more than usual out on the Au Soleil Couchant road just before we turn south; I tried to coax her forward when I stopped to give them water but I ended up having to go back to her and she was hanging back again soon after we started. I fell a couple of times on the palapa road due to the combination of slippery surface (a little rain today) and dogs jamming themselves between my feet or stopping suddenly in front of me. Perhaps she was spooked by my abrupt yelp at falling the first time but for whatever reason she was over 50m behind me by the time we were at the palapa. I ended up putting her on the other end of the leash with Tuesday and from that point on (roughly midway) they were both anchors. Tuesday clearly became paranoid and Osita was determined to drag her heels. This made the rest of the run not so fun. At least the dark clouds seemed to be confined to those two; everyone else had a blast and ran around like lunatics. Mega and Zoot both listened well. We came home via the cut-over and the dirty road.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!