Monday, January 7, 2013

07.01.13

morning run:
Blue
Gowron
Frankie
Twiggy
Amber
Lex
Zoot
Petey
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. It was relatively easy to get out of the gate with this crew. Amber left on the leash but I let her off out on the parallel access road and didn't put her back on until we were on the beach; she was a good girl, did not shy away from me and listened reasonably well. I put her back on in part because there was a local kid jogging on the beach north towards us and a beach-comber on a bike heading south ~100m south of where we came out. With Amber on the leash PupG was the worst dog when we got close to the jogger; she is little and cute and when I tell people they don't bite they seem to think she's funny but I don't - she needs some work on the leash and slides under the radar because she's got seniority. Amber was good and everyone else was pretty good. The beach-comber saw us coming and wisely pulled their bike up onto the beach a little; the dogs didn't pay him any attention at all as we ran by. I put Twigs on the other end of the leash for a spell on the way home because she wouldn't get out of a garbage pile without my going back to force her. I let her off on the coco trail and put Lex on the other end to keep us all under control on the trail home; amazingly it worked and everyone arrived with me at the gate together.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!