Sunday, June 30, 2013

30.06.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Posey
Truman
Elewah
Xmul
Amber
Tori
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. Everyone was up for this to say the least; we left with Xmul on the leash and pretty much did not stop until we got to the tortuga road (went via the charcos to the north). We kept this pace up the whole way. After we got past the intersection and were heading towards the swimming hole I let Xmul off the leash and let her stay off until we were almost to the beach on the hidden trail. I let her off again on the beach when I was sure there was nobody around and put her back on for good just before we went back into the monte at the tortuga sign. Everyone was really good until the very end when Amber disappeared just as we were making the turn onto our trail. There is a decomposing dog corpse in the drainage ditch just to the south of where our trail comes out near the shrimpery; I didn't know this when we left but Gracie showed it to me (by rolling in it) on the way out so I thought maybe she was screwing around there. I got everyone else back in the yard and went out to look for her. While I was out she came up to the southern fence just near the sumidero and Roni scooped her up over the fence; in the end I got an extra 500m run in the bugs... at least nobody can question my cardio. Except for Amber's strange lapse at the end everyone was perfect.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!