Friday, July 12, 2013

12.07.13

morning run:
Rita
Eve
Truman
MoMo
Mega
Petey
Steve McQueen
Zoot*
Tori
(9)

Hidden trail: ~8k. Zoot didn't even make it across doce - he pulled up at the corner and obviously had got The Fear... he ran around me and back to the gate, so I turned around, let him back in and took off after the other eight who were all waiting sweetly for me on the trail and at the shrimpery. I don't know what's up with Zoot. I thought he would be braver with some of his brothers along and he seemed really up for it but sometimes he just gets too scared. I'll try taking him with Lex next time... Zoot, Lex and Amber should be a winning team, no? Everyone else was really great. From the moment we hit the beach north of Au Soleil Couchant until we went back into the monte at the tortuga sign Petey's only thought was chasing butterflies; he's such a lunatic and yet a deserted beach awash in butterflies turns him into a pup again. I put Tori on the leash for a spell in the beginning to reign her in a little and I had Mega on the leash from the tortuga sign until we got home to keep him from leading his brothers too far ahead. We seemed alone in the monte.
GRADE: A

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

Her cardio is getting better - it takes longer in the water to get her breathing heavily and she swims faster than she used to. What a trooper.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!