Monday, September 9, 2013

09.09.13

morning run:
Eve
Rita
Gowron
Rufus
Lily
Jack
Lex
Petey
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. Exactly the same route as yesterday. This group was great on the road but it was hell getting out of the gate. Rufus busted through the eastern "wall" of the screened porch when Roni released him from the cage prior to take-off: he was insanely wound up and I really had to work to get him on the leash and calmed down enough to open the gate. The fact that Lily and Gowron were both barking their heads off while we tried to manage this whole process did not help and it was several minutes before I finally had my charges under control and silent enough to leave; as it was I had to hold Rufus by the collar while everyone else left because I didn't want him pulling any stupid shenanigans while I closed the gate. Once we were finally going everyone calmed down quickly and the rest of the run was good. Rita is really suffering from her allergy treatments but she was still up for a run and more or less begged me to throw her into the mix; at least her spirits are up and she enjoys herself on outings. I put Lex on the hook once we were on the trail home to the north (just past the wooden shack) because he frequently bolts once we get on the coco trail and I wanted everyone to stay together. The bugs were bad in spots but not hideous as they have been at times recently. We kept a fast pace and everyone enjoyed themselves.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!