Saturday, September 28, 2013

28.09.13

morning run:
Gracie
Osita
Posey
Gowron
Rufus
Lily
Xmul
Daisy
Tori
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. Roni suggested I take Rufus since he had been so disappointed the last time he didn't go; normally I leave with him on the leash but I had Xmul as well and normally SHE is on the leash. Instead of the usual routine we left the gate with nobody on the leash; this allowed me to haul ass with everyone instead of screwing around with whoever was on the hook. We arrived at the shrimpery more or less together and I put Xmul on there; Rufus was a little excited but he calmed down quickly enough and was a good boy for the rest of the run. The land "bridge" is completely under water now - if you didn't know it was there you'd think that road just dead-ends in a charco. We crossed there anyway, which everyone enjoyed, and took the usual southern route into the monte; all the major roads and trails in the monte are flooded in at least one place, most of them in several... there's no way to get anything but a moto in there from almost any direction now. There were a lot of flamingos in all the charcos so I kept Xmul on the leash for the most part but I did let her off a little to horse around in the water with everyone. Lily and Daisy were in each others' faces a little early but I was verbally harsh with them for a little bit and they settled down. Everyone did well and had a good time, although I'm sad to report that Rufus has a limp now after the run (front right).
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!