Wednesday, September 18, 2013

18.09.13

morning beach dash:
Rita
Gowron
Rufus
Jack
Daisy
Linda
Amber
Tori
(8)

Up the beach to Au Soleil Couchant and back: ~4k. We left with Rufus on the leash and kept a crazed pace almost the whole way to the tortuga sign; I gave them lots of chances to swim from there up to Au Soleil Couchant and back. Once we were south of the tortuga sign heading home Jack got a bug up his ass about Amber for some reason; she has been behaving a little strangely lately so maybe it wasn't all his fault but he definitely turned his ears off and chased her a little too seriously for her liking. She ended up freaking out and bolting towards home much too fast for any of us to catch her; she arrived several minutes before the rest of us. Jack eventually returned to me and I put him on the leash... however strange Amber's behavior he still should've listened to me. Tori was also a little willful on the way home and insisted on running up to the soldiers' dogs and saying hi, when I told her not to - she got put on the other end of the leash for that and I'll need to be mindful of that when I have her out. All the misbehavior was a little crappy but otherwise everyone had fun and ran their asses off on a windy, rainy day. The sky spit on us for most of the run but nobody seemed to mind much.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!