Monday, September 30, 2013

30.09.13

morning run:
Alice
Ginger
George
Chester
Blue
Maggie
Twiggy
Hazel
Tori
(9)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. Maggie recently had a haircut (Roni kicks ass) and this energized her; it's so hot and muggy now that being a poodly, hairy, chubby, short dog must really suck. The xmul has been high and thick everywhere so I've been loathe to take the little hairy ones out into the monte but she was really up for it so what the hell - with short hair it's a bit easier for her and she really kept up today. Alice seemed a little slow to me at times but then caught up and was obviously having a good time; sometimes I think she has a limp but then I look again and there's no sign of it. Ginger had no limp and was quite speedy in stretches. Everyone else was really good and kept together. I had to put Tori on the leash at the shrimpery after she cut my legs out from under me roughhousing with Hazel but I let her off within 1km and she was fine after that. The ocean was warm, shallow and a little muddy but at least it didn't stink.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!