Thursday, January 23, 2014

23.01.14

mid-day beach run:
Archie
Rufus
Jack
Tori
Murci
(5)

Up the beach to Au Soleil Couchant and back: ~4k. Roni and I organized this so that I got out as quickly as possible; most of the dogs had no idea I had gone. We left with Rufus on the leash as usual but I saw there were tourists on the beach up near the HoJo so I quickly switched Rufus (who was stellar off the leash) for Murci, since she still gets scared of people. She did me proud and ran right by them with everyone else, ignoring the dogs at the army base as well; being on the leash makes her feel more secure but she didn't balk at all this time so I'm hoping she's getting over her fear. I let her off once we were well north of the people and we ran full-out to Au Soleil Couchant from there. The ocean is churned up and a little stinky right now but everyone still managed to swim a few times. On the way south I put Murci back on again before we got to the tourists and left her on until we got home. Everyone else was great and we got barked at fairly rudely heading south at the army base; nobody reacted and we were past them in a flash.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!