Friday, January 24, 2014

24.01.14

morning run:
Posey
Truman
Frijolita
Lily
Daisy
Luna
Hazel
Tori
Murci
(9)

The long and winding road: ~10k. Lily was loud at the gate and was getting the whole house worked up so I sort of released the hounds prematurely and we were off like a shot. As we passed the shrimpery I noticed that someone stole almost 30m of the 3m high fence we put up there; this is indeed adding insult to injury and I was incensed by the time we turned the corner. I think we ended up cranking out a 10k in record time because I just wanted to run and be in the monte with the dogs and forget how shitty humans can be. This was Hazel, Tori and Murci's first time out there, I think; the northernmost charco before you get to the long and winding road was really swollen and we had to wade for 50m before we finally reached it. Once past this point it was high and dry all the way to the inner road to Xixim and environs; none of the roads farther out there have seen any kind of traffic in a long while and there were spines and hidden mud pits everywhere. Once on the north/south road Tori took off north for reasons unknown (I'm guessing a marmot) and led most of them 100m or so north; Posey stayed with me and the rest were back within a minute so I wasn't too angry. I put Tori on the leash for a few kilometers anyway just to keep them in check; it was flooded in many places and I fell in Chester's pit when I was sure I was clear of it... pretty funny. It was a bit chilly out and overcast so 10k didn't hurt too much; we went by the swimming hole both ways and saw nobody out there. I put Murci on the leash when we were close to home and everyone else was good to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!