Saturday, February 7, 2015

07.02.15

morning run:
Gracie
Blue
Osita
Chester
Reggie
Gowron
Luna
Mega
Steve McQueen
(9)

Northern charcos: ~8k. I didn't use the leash at all until the very end and I only took one: that's how good this group was. Everyone left loose and was angelic the entire run. We took the blue.bag trail out and the alt. land bridge to the coco trail coming home. I thought perhaps the hidden trail but the ocean has been churned up and muddy the last few days; not very much fun to swim in. The recent rains, on the other hand, left the swimming hole in a state worthy of its name and everyone enjoyed it on the way north. I hadn't thought of taking Mega and Steve beforehand but they both threw themselves out there (hurray for passion flower); they also both worship Reggie and were thrilled to run with him. We kept a reasonably high pace throughout. It was sunny but not overly hot and nobody had any trouble. I had Reggie on the leash at the shrimpery more or less as a formality but I should've chosen Luna instead; she darted down to the beach at the very end as I was getting everyone else in the gate and I had to go fish her out of the drink... she just wanted a dip and I couldn't be mad at her for it but I'll have to remember that next time.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Greta
(3)

Roni took these three out for a meandering walk down to the land bridge with the dual purpose of gathering various herbs she's been learning about. This place is amazing that way: we live in a giant, out-door pharmacy / vegetable stand and very few seem to realize it. It was a bit hot for Greta but the walk was good for her morale and she does need to get in better shape; she had to rest at the intersection near the land bridge coming home but since Roni wanted to poke around in the bushes that worked out well. All of her charges were angels and some pretty cool stuff was foraged as well.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!