Friday, February 20, 2015

20.02.15

morning run:
Blue
Eve
Truman
Godzilla
Frijolita
Rita
Tuesday
Gowron
Mega
Petey
(10)

Northern charcos: ~8k. I didn't fully realize how many of Gracie's pups I had with me until we were on the road; only Posey and Osita were missing. I saw we had ten out before I let them into the launchpad but Roni pointed out that Blue and Eve should only count as one because they're both so good. The main point of this run was Petey. He hasn't been out in a while mainly owing to his continuing ear issues and generally skittish attitude; we think these two are related and decided that getting him out on a run was worth trying... in any event I like taking him on runs and have missed him so regardless this was good. I had to crate him and carry the crate out to the gate before I wrangled anyone else but once everyone was together he was perfectly fine and behaved well the whole way. He drank from the bottle, never shied away from me and interacted with me a lot the whole way. I'm going to make an effort to get him out a lot more in the next few days. Tuesday was on the leash the whole way as always and was perfect, as was everyone else. Rita had a problem with the pace in spots and we took a while to get home mainly because we had to wait to let her catch up a few times; some of it might've been her allergies but she also likes to lag and screw around a lot. Mega was perfect on point the whole way; he's gone a lot recently but I thought Petey would be happier with one of his kin along and they did pal around a bit. I didn't bother with leashes the whole way other than Tuesday and everyone was perfect to the gate. Nice run on a chilly, clear morning.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!