Sunday, February 8, 2015

08.02.15

morning run:
Truman
Archie
Lex
Mega
Steve McQueen
Hazel
Tori
Murci
Roxy
(9)

To the swimming hole: ~6k. This group came together in the launchpad all of a sudden. It was my hope that I could get Petey to throw himself in there with his brothers but it wasn't in the cards. Instead Roxy ended up getting herself into the mix, which was also something I wanted to happen; she needs to go on short runs more now that she's better and has so much energy. We left with Tori on the leash just to reign in the madness a bit in the first 250m; she came off quickly and was good the rest of the way. Roxy screwed me over a bit early but I should've seen it coming: she's sort of programmed to cross back over at the alt. land bridge since that's what she almost always ends up doing when we go on a walk. This time she charged across it and was heading towards Angel's corner while everyone else was with me at the base of the cut-over. I had to run across, catch her, hook her up and bring her across to the rest of the group, but at least everyone else was perfect and seemed to get what was going on: nobody ran ahead, they all just idled and screwed around in the brush while I dealt with Roxy. Once on the hook Roxy was perfect the rest of the way. She had a good time at the swimming hole with everyone and ran enthusiastically. Sadly I scraped the bottom of my foot right at the very start of the run (crossing the road, no less); it was just enough to cut me, which made all of the saltier bits of the run hurt like hell until enough salty mud got jammed in there to sort of cauterize it. This made the swimming hole a little less fun for me but everyone else had such a good time it made me forget. We came home via the blue.bag trail, mainly to throw a different look at Roxy so she starts to get the difference between walks and runs. I ended up with Murci on the black leash and Tori on the other end with Roxy by the time we got to the shrimpery so that there were no surprises coming home. Everyone was perfect to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!