Sunday, November 20, 2011

20.11.11

morning walk:
Xmul
(1)

Nicole and Marie dropped Xmul by last night for a stay-over; this morning Roni took her down to meet them on their morning walk. Xmul continued on home with them. It was nice to see her.
GRADE: A

morning run:
Ginger
Bette
Gracie
Godzilla
Osita
Eve
Elewah
Molly
(8)

Southern charcos cut short via bag end and home via the dirty road: ~7k. I thought perhaps this was a difficult group when we left - certainly high-energy. I put Molly on the hook at the southernmost crossing because she was too far ahead and not listening; she came off at the last little dog-leg east where the palapa road starts. About 20m north of the palapa structure Gracie dove into the woods to the east, hauling all of her pups, Bette and Ginger with her. There are a lot of marmots in those woods since they aren't as heavily hunted by dogs and such (too far out); the woods near us are much more sparse. I didn't think much of it until I heard that special "I've got something tree'd" bark from Gracie emanating from deep in the brush, so I dove in after her with the dogs that remained. They did tree and hurt a mapache - it looked like an adolescent. It was so thick and spiny where they were that I lost my water bottle getting there and could barely keep my bearings. That is the first time I have ever littered in the monte - not happy about it. Moreover I am double-plus unhappy with Gracie who really led the whole expedition. I thought she was over her wilder impulses but obviously not so she'll have to run on the leash when we are out beyond our nominal demesne. It took about 10min for everyone to finally get back to me after the chase, and at that point I had had more than enough so I brought us back by the shortest possible route. I'm scratched up and look like shit, but it appears that none of the dogs are much the worse for wear.
GRADE: C

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!