Thursday, November 24, 2011

24.11.11

morning run:
Alice
Lucy
George
Blue
Tuesday
Frankie
Ziggy
Daisy
(8)

Around the southern charcos to the swimming hole via the palapa road and home via the intersection and the dirty road: ~7k. This was a good group. The distance was fine for George, Alice and Lucy, which is good to see. Tuesday was on the harness and leash the whole way but didn't get paranoid except possibly as we were just reaching the gate (I think she was happy to see Roni but maybe she was getting a little wary of me). We left relatively early into a thick fog that had blanketed the entire region since the early dawn; you could see every spider's web and tiny leaf. It was like that the whole way so I was careful not to stumble on some hidden group of flamingos and kept them all close to me. We saw no people or creatures other than birds and bugs. Everyone jumped in at the swimming hole and in general everyone behaved themselves and had a good time the whole way. The one black mark came at the very end when Frankie bolted for doce to see some of the wild dogs that were visible up there. Nobody else followed her and I kept us moving home the right way while calling for her. At one point where one of the "streets" cuts through the brush and you can see doce clearly I saw Frankie heading parallel to us and obviously going home so I stopped yelling for her and got the rest of us back as fast as I could. I'm not happy with her for doing that but at least things were amicable... maybe she was recruiting, who knows.
GRADE: B (Frankie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!