Saturday, August 3, 2013

03.08.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Godzilla
Frijolita
Truman
Posey
Luna
Tori
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. I was thinking of going 10k today because this group was really up for it and we didn't leave too late. Instead I had quite a shock as we were leaving the swimming hole: Truman had two large gashes on his left side, one on his knee and one on his belly. They were both flesh wounds but the one on his belly was large and crescent-shaped; they were both ugly and obviously needed stitches. Truman didn't seem to notice and they weren't bleeding; I suspect submerged old razor wire in one of the charcos north of the coco trail but I'm not sure exactly when or where it happened. Once I realized I had a hurt dog I took us home the most direct way and kept an eye on him. Luna didn't want to leave the beach at the tortuga sign so I put her on the leash and she was good from then on. Everyone was really great. Truman's injury definitely changed the shape of the day, however, as I ended up taking him and the newbie to Dra. Sandra to get checked over and stitched up as the case may be; it turns out she has a broken toe in her front left paw so she'll be fine once she gets over it. Truman is stitched up now and we're all home after a fairly awful day on the road. What good dogs Roni and I have.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!