Tuesday, August 6, 2013

06.08.13

morning run:
Rufus
Ernie
Frankie
Jack
Lily
Molly
Daisy
Twiggy
(8)

Southern charcos: ~8k. After what happened to Truman on the last run I didn't feel like going north on the coco trail so instead we headed out east across the land bridge; I snuck up on it carefully to make sure there wasn't a group of flamingos too close to it, and everyone was good about it but Lily and Ernie(!) bolted across the land bridge to chase some marmot on the other side so I had to scold them early. Rufus was on the leash until we were off the main road and heading east into the charcos; he was a good boy the whole way and didn't give me any trouble getting him on the leash compared to how he's been sometimes. I had both Jack and Lily on the leash for stretches because they were too fired up and didn't listen well enough to suit me; Lily is just too fast and needs to be reminded with the leash every once in a while. We saw no people anywhere in the monte but plenty of flamingos and other waterfowl; coming home across the alt. land bridge nine large flamingos flew right past us at head level not 20m away, heading south to land in the charco north of the land bridge - we all just stopped and watched in amazement. The bugs were starting to get bad by the time we were coming home; it was overcast and extremely muggy... I looked like I'd been swimming when we got home. Ernie did well and everyone had a good time and stayed together.
GRADE: A

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

Good girl.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!