Thursday, August 29, 2013

29.08.13

morning run:
Eve
Tuesday
Frankie
Mega
Lex
Petey
Amber
Steve McQueen
Tori
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. Once again Zoot spooked out and refused to come out; he's a really strange one. Tuesday can really run when she wants to and today she wanted to; I did my best to keep the pace high enough for there to be slack in the leash most of the run but it was difficult. I kind of threw Frankie in at the last minute because she was already out and in the mix, hasn't gone in a while and I didn't feel like going through the exercise of getting her back inside... she's a good girl on runs and walks although this one was a bit faster than she likes. We cut across at the bag-end land bridge because there were a lot of flamingos all around and on the berm just to the north. I wanted to get Amber on the other end of the leash near the end of the dirty road and had it all arranged but Lex crapped on my plans; just as I was getting my hands on her collar he pulled a spazz-attack, tangled himself in the leash and started whining and thrashing to get out. This spooked Amber who immediately went into bolt-for-home mode... exactly what I was trying to avoid. Oh, well. Amber was at the gate a heartbeat after we got there so she must've gone around the northern way but no harm done. Other than that they were all perfect and had a good time.
GRADE: B (Amber has to stop doing that)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!