Monday, August 26, 2013

26.08.13

morning run:
Posey
Truman
Godzilla
Reggie
Xmul
Amber
Mega
Hazel
(8)

Southern charcos: ~8k. We went the full length of the palapa road and circled back to the swimming hole this time; the pace was high and I wanted all of these dogs to be as tired out as possible. I had a hold of Reggie at the gate when I opened it to keep him in check but somehow once I had it open and I let go of his collar he just ran over Xmul, which get her worked up and she slipped her collar; was not happy with them or myself especially since it was so dumb and avoidable. They just ran to the shrimpery and I caught up to them quickly. There were bird-trappers further down the coco trail and Xmul ran down to investigate but she came back to me quickly and amazingly I heard no barking. She angered me a bit by running around and making me trap her to get her collar back on - she should be well over that by now and she isn't so she stayed on the leash for the rest of the run. Everyone else was perfect and stayed with me. Mega had to be reminded a little about the pace and there's something about his attitude that bothers waterfowl even though he doesn't generally give chase or act aggressive... strange. I put Amber on the other end of the leash as we were getting to the end of the dirty road and everyone stayed with me to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!