Friday, August 23, 2013

23.08.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Frijolita
Chester
Molly
Daisy
Amber
Tori
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. This was a good group until the very end when Frijolita gave chase to a couple of strays from the shrimpery intersection up to doce as we were coming home on the coco trail. I saw one of the strays before everyone else and held us up and made some noise to give it a chance to get away; it took off towards doce from the shrimpery and I thought myself clever for having managed it so well. Hah. I already had Amber on the leash at that point so I thought we were good but not 20m from the intersection another stray that had been screwing around farther to the east went bolting towards doce to catch up with its companion and Frijolita took off, dragging Tori and Molly with her. Molly came back first but Tori and Frijolita ran south down doce a few meters and picked their way back to us at the shrimpery via one of the overgrown "roads" that connect the two. I was not pleased with them and put Tori on the other end of the leash; I was a bit surprised she took off with Frijolita and want to nip that in the bud. There was no harm done at least; I think those two strays hang out with or near the soldiers although I'm pretty sure I've seen one nearer to the house. Everyone else stayed with me and was good and in general everyone was really good the whole way.
GRADE: B

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

It seemed to me like the fish in the shallows didn't want us there. We have noticed here that it seems like the fish want to chase you out of the water sometimes and it felt like that today; they were very active and with every trip out they seemed to poke at my ankles more insistently. Freaky. Greta did well anyway and the water was nice.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!