Wednesday, August 21, 2013

21.08.13

morning run:
Rita
Eve
Ernie
Lily
Stella
Twiggy
Lex
Hazel
Tori
(9)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. I didn't want to go for a long one with Twigs and Ernie and they both like this route. Rita and Eve both wanted to go so badly that I couldn't say no and Stella was really overdue. I had Stella on the leash until just before the swimming hole, where I let her off for the first time in months. She was off until we got to the beach and was a good girl. There were two fishing boats pulled up on the beach just south of where we come out of the monte and everyone was good about listening to me as the fishermen looked on bemusedly; Stella wanted to get into one of their boats (they were having breakfast, she thought it looked good) so I put her back on the leash there and left her on the rest of the way. We came home via the charcos to the north of the dead goat trail for the first time since Truman was injured around there somewhere. I think it is okay to go that way coming home when they're tired because I can easily keep them all with me... it's when we're heading out and everyone is fired up (Truman) that they charge blindly into those charcos when they're too far ahead of me so we'll stop doing that. Everyone did well and listened the whole way.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!