Saturday, August 16, 2014

16.08.14

morning run:
Frijolita
Rita
Tuesday
Frankie
Daisy
Twiggy
Steve McQueen
Tori
Murci
(9)

Northern charcos: ~8k. I was thinking possibly a 10k but when we got to the turn for the hidden trail I realized I didn't have that in me today. Some days I have thunderbolts for legs but today they were just regular legs made of meat; it wasn't too hot yet and the dogs were being good so 8k sounded reasonable. The hidden trail was going to be a tough slog after some rain so I opted for the monte - nobody minded, although Rita had already rolled in filth and honestly could've used a dip in the ocean. I washed her off at the swimming hole on the way home instead, since there was enough water in it for a dog to swim. Steve McQueen seems to actually be learning how to drink out of the bottle properly... amazing, I didn't think he'd ever get it. I put Tori on the secondary leash coming home and kept everyone close from the shrimpery to the gate; Tuesday was on the leash the whole way and was an angel. Good group.
GRADE: A

afternoon swim:
Greta
(1)

It was shallow and rough, just like politics, and Greta was the winner. We didn't do as many "laps" but they were harder because of the chop. Good girl.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!