Tuesday, August 26, 2014

26.08.14

morning run:
Truman
Godzilla
Chester
Tuesday
Rufus
Jack
Daisy
MoMo
Tori
(9)

Hidden trail: ~8k. They were really wound up at the gate; Truman's high-pitched bark is incredibly annoying. Roni helped and we got out okay but I forgot my water bottle and held up with both Rufus and Tuesday on leashes; they were both surprisingly good about it, didn't fuss or struggle with me too much and waited for Roni to round the corner and give me the water before we took off to join the rest of the group, which was close by. Once we were going I let Rufus off and he was good the rest of the way; the shorter black leash is good for him in these cases. Truman rolled in some absolutely disgusting filth just across the land bridge on the way out. I had to hold my breath and rinse him off as well as I could in the puddles at the intersection just to be able to stand the smell of him the rest of the way; I also washed him off in the ocean when we got there and he has since had a bath at home with soap. Other than that everyone was really good. They pretty much killed the water by the time we got to the tortuga crossroads. It was already hot and so humid I looked like I had been swimming by the time we got home. I put Jack on the black leash coming home to continue to work with him on that and he was much better than he has been the last couple of times; I doubled up Tuesday with Tori on the other end of her leash and there were no surprises all the way to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!