Tuesday, August 19, 2014

19.08.14

search party:
Tori
(1)

Close north monte loop: ~4k. Hazel didn't come home Sunday night nor did she come home Monday night like we thought she might. When Tuesday dawned we really wanted to find her. I went out by myself a couple of times but Roni and I both thought that maybe taking her good buddy Tori out for an extended loop through the monte to the north might yield results. We had formed various theories about where she was and I had spent a lot of time on my bike looking to the south already. Tori and I went out across the land bridge, north along the ridge, across the alt land bridge, up the dead goat trail to the road to the wooden shack, out the blue bag trail and all the way around to the beach; I called her name constantly and let Tori run around a lot. We came home on the beach all the way hoping to catch sight of her or get her to hear/smell us but to no avail: no Hazel. Tori was an angel.
GRADE: A

belated return:
Hazel*
(1)

Hazel finally came home well after dark, soaking wet and so happy to be home it was almost comical. We heard a lot of barking around us all day and night so we aren't sure were she was exactly but we suspect somewhere to the north. It was the first decent sleep Roni and I got since she r-u-n-n-o-f-t and I certainly hope she learned her lesson.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!