Friday, September 4, 2015

03.09.15

late morning jaunt:
Osita
George
Rufus
Luna
(4)

To the tortuga sign: ~3k. It was getting late but Rufus really wanted to get out so I took him with few other dogs up to the maginot line via the monte, up the beach past the tortuga sign and home the way we went. This time we used a muzzle with him in the launchpad to try and get his excitement level down more. It was tough putting it on him at first but I managed and we left with less craziness as a result. He didn't like it at all and tried to get it off a couple of times on the first trail from our house, so I let him wear himself out a bit by keeping us running - he generally focused more on running in the first 250m than he did without the muzzle. I took it off as we neared the end of the first trail and he was much better afterwards, but I left him on the leash until we were on the beach anyway. We saw nobody the whole way. Everyone was really good on the beach and swam a lot. I thought I might go farther or come home in the monte at the tortuga sign but it was hot and George is getting older, so I opted to stick to the beach. I had Rufus and Luna on either ends of the leash coming home and everyone was good to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!