Sunday, September 20, 2015

20.09.15

morning run:
Posey
Frijolita
Godzilla
Chester
Luna
Xmul
Lex
Petey
Roxy
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. We hadn't ventured south into the monte in a while so what the hell; also, we left early enough to beat the worst of the heat. I put Roxy on the leash at the shrimpery heading out and she stayed for most of the run. I let her off for a short stretch on the palapa road but she got too far behind screwing around, so I hooked her back up. She doesn't mind the leash and is a good running buddy; this distance is no problem for her, small as she may be. Xmul really wanted to run and we barely slowed down the entire distance. Everyone was really great the whole way, but Petey presented me with a problem late: somewhere between the alt. land bridge and the coco trail he rolled in something awful. My first impulse was to run down to the beach via the maginot line and let him wash himself off, since he loves to swim. Sadly I didn't do this, and instead we had stinky fun dealing with him after we got home. I will not doubt this impulse again. Nobody misbehaved and we all arrived at the gate together.
GRADE: A (is there an emoji for Stinky Pete?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!