Tuesday, August 23, 2016

23.08.16

morning run:
Posey
Eve
Elewah
Jack
Luna
Steve McQueen
Murci
Zoila
Tupo
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. This was a hard, fast run with brief but intense periods of Zoila-wrangling. She still freaks out hard at vehicles and people and we saw both this time. I took us on a route that wa flooded pretty badly, thinking nobody would chance their moto there, but I was wrong: two intrepid souls were working in the charco that abuts the southernmost crossing, the place I call the Last Good Turn South. One of them rode by us heading into the monte near the terreno federal sign, carrying gasoline and whatnot on his moto. I heard him coming and reeled Zoila in and picked her up before he got to us. Once he passed us I knew we'd be seeing him again, because there's not really another sane route to go but the one we (and he) took, so I just stayed alert. I carried Zoila past where they were working in the charco, but at least it was gratifying to see how good the other eight dogs were: no barking at the people, no bothering their things, everyone listened to me and got going as soon as I put Zoila down. Even Elewah wasn't obnoxious and barky - quite amazing and cool. We ran the palapa road to the bag-end land bridge, hit the swimming hole and came home via the ridge and the land bridge. Everyone ran their asses off and listened well. At the very end Elewah, Luna and Tupo went down to the beach to the south, which I was expecting. I put everyone else back in the launchpad, and Tupo ran back to me before I got a chance to head down to collect the others, who were just swimming a bit. I put Luna on the hook and scooped Elewah up. So long as Elewah isn't being a jerk and barking at people I don't have a problem with her little modifications to the route. All in all a great run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!