Wednesday, April 4, 2012

04.04.12

morning run:
Gowron
Monkey
Zoot
Mega
Lex
Petey
Steve McQueen
Amber
(8)

Hidden trail plus a little extra: ~9k. We went north via the swimming hole, but when we hit the first bend north of it our way was blocked by a large group of salt-workers and vehicles; I didn't really feel like dealing with it so we turned around and crossed that charco via the berm, then headed north to the hidden trail from where it lets out. At this point they were already moving really quickly. I put Mega on the hook at the swimming hole because I could feel him pulling up the pace the whole way there. This turned out to be a good decision because the closer we got to the ocean the more excited they got and the faster we ran, my best intentions notwithstanding. If I hadn't had Mega on the leash I think they might've just ditched me when we crossed doce but as it was they made it to the water about 10 seconds ahead of me, although it seemed much farther; I nearly had to puke while they were swimming as we had more or less sprinted the first 6k. I let them swim for a few minutes and took it easy on the way south to Au Soleil Couchant. They swam almost constantly the whole way there but were good about coming out and heading back into the monte. The rest of the way I managed to keep the pace tolerable and stayed off the roads for the most part.
GRADE: A

morning walks:
Frankie
Bosha
Molly
Stella
Twiggy
Mo
(6)

Alex and Alex took these out in pairs as listed. Everyone was good.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!