Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10.04.12

morning run:
Posey
Rita
Chester
Molly
Daisy
Xmul
Amber
Mega
(8)

Hidden trail w/shortcut: ~7k. This was not a great grouping; Molly should not come with other dogs that need a lot of leash/attention, like Mega and Xmul. This was Xmul's first run since she came back to us and I found out that she still has an annoying habit of barking at people. I had her on the hook for about half of the run. I had convinced myself that you can cut across from the Au Soleil Couchant road straight to the hidden trail at one of the larger crossing points where a charco runs the whole way from one to the other, so I decided to try it today and it turns out to be true. We surprised a somnolent bird-trapper as we ran by him. I put Mega on the hook on the beach because he tends to get too excited and run too far ahead, and then can't hear because of the surf. We went back in at Au Soleil Couchant and I put Xmul on one end and Mega on the other for the rest of the way home - both were good. Too many people and nasty surprises in the bushes all around and I should be wiser about who to take with who, but none of that was the dogs' fault.
GRADE: A

morning walks:
Otto
Bosha
Linda
Bette
Luna
Ziggy
Mo
(7)

Alex and Alex took these out: (1) Otto, Bosha, Linda; (2) Bette, Luna; (3) Ziggy, Mo. Alex said that Ziggy didn't squeal in pain at any point so maybe that's getting better - hard to tell with him. Everyone was good.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!