Tuesday, April 24, 2012

24.04.12

morning run:
Eve
Godzilla
Daisy
Xmul
Mega
Lex
(6)

Hidden trail: ~8k. I had wanted to work with Petey on the leash today but yet again he got spooked at the last minute by general chaos and it didn't work out. Xmul was terrible out of the gate, chasing and barking at a moto that happened to be on doce when we crossed; it had been my intention to leave with her off the leash and put her on at the shrimpery but she obviously cannot be trusted and has to be on the leash at all times until she shapes up. This sucks and complicated working on the leash with the tribe - I should've known better. Since I had Xmul on one end of the leash the whole way I had to work with Lex and Mega on the other end of the leash. Mega is good on the hook now - no bucking bronco routine, no shying away from me, etc. I waited to try Lex until we went back into the monte at Au Soleil Couchant and he was not happy with me. He is smart, however, and did eventually start to get the hang of it, albeit under protest. It was easier dealing with Mega's energy when he didn't have all five of his siblings with him; I kept him near me and he listened well, on and off the leash. Not the most fun run ever but necessary and successful: three of six tribeians have now run home on the leash without having to be carried kicking and screaming. Three more to go.
GRADE: B

morning walks:
Luna
Mo
Archie
Molly
Frankie
Twiggy
Ziggy
Bosha
(8)

Alex and Alex took these out in pairs as indicated. All good.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!