Sunday, April 22, 2012

22.04.12

morning run:
Gowron
Monkey
Daisy
Zoot
Amber
Steve McQueen
(6)

Hidden trail the short way: ~7k. Rain spoiled our plans this morning; I had intended to go out with Petey and a couple of his siblings plus a couple more to work with Pete on the leash, because he needs it. For various reasons he got spooked during the process of getting it all together (and the rain didn't help), so instead I went with the six above. Amber ran on the leash pretty much instantly; Zoot and Steve were a little more problematic. Zoot was on the hook for a short while, Steve even shorter. I didn't want to freak them out and this is only the first time so I just kind of got them accustomed to the idea of it and kept them coming back to me to see that nothing was wrong. We took the shortcut across from Au Soliel Couchant to the hidden trail because I didn't really want to go for a very long one. Arriving home was a bit of a mess: Daisy kept lagging to sniff stuff and Monkey, as it turns out, charged off to check out the shack to the south when I wasn't looking. She's never done anything like that before and both Roni and I were upset with her, as she had us looking for her for 5min. Otherwise not a bad run.
GRADE: B

morning walks:
Bette
Stella
Molly
Luna
(4)

Alex and Alex took these four out in pairs in the end. Molly and Luna actually went out first but came back almost immediately due to weather and confusion; I then left and Roni sent them out again while I was out, with Bette and Stella first, then Molly and Luna. We cut it short today due to weather and general psychic environment.
GRADE: B

1 comment:

All dogs are welcome to post!