Tuesday, November 6, 2012

06.11.12

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Posey
Archie
Ziggy
Lily
Xmul
Amber
(8)

Southern charcos: ~8k; this was almost the same route as last time but I took a slightly shorter way home so it was probably less than 9k but not by much. I didn't feel well the last couple of days but today I felt much better so a fast group seemed appropriate. We went out like we were going to the hidden trail again but I didn't feel like going that way and everyone was really up for it so I took us back south and came home via the serpentine just east of the greenway. We forded the nearest charco just north of the 1km mark because there were no flamingos there and I wanted to get home faster than by running all the way north to the tortuga crossroads; it was up to my knees and everyone had a good time swimming across. This might be Xmul's last run with us this year as her Other Mothers from Canada are arriving this week; she was a good girl but I did have her on the leash the whole way because of the flamingos. I put Lily on the other end of the leash for a bit because she bolted ahead near the turn west as we were coming south on the palapa road; her purpose was to chase waterfowl and although I'm not sure she actually harassed any she was at least 200m ahead of me in a flash and tearing through a charco where a lot of flamingos congregate. I let her off on the serpentine and she was fine after that. I put Amber on the other end of the leash on the coco trail coming home because she still has issues with vehicles but everyone was under control and with me on the trail and there was no misbehavior. Nice run.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Lucy
Tito
Blue
Reggie
Hazel
(8)

Roni took this crew down to Poop Island and environs again and everyone thought it was jolly-jack splendid. Reggie just wants to know where his puppy is at all times. Zasu rolled in something mildly hideous which counts as a victory in her book. Roni said this was as close to a perfect group as possible and everyone had a blast.
GRADE: A

morning beach fu:
Greta
Bette
(2)

I took Greta out swimming enough though it was choppy and cold. She was not thrilled with the idea and it was harder than normal because of the undertow but she managed and was out of breath when we came out. I walked Bette up to the HoJo and made sure we jumped into the water lots but she doesn't like it as much when it's choppy; still her natural enthusiasm is hard to beat.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!