Monday, November 12, 2012

12.11.12

morning run:
Truman
Gowron
Monkey
Mega
Zoot
Petey
Amber
Steve McQueen
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. Lex sat this one out because he's been on antibiotics for a few days; he had a bit of a fever and didn't feel well at all on Saturday and we don't want to chance it with him since he has a history of being a little sickly. I threw Truman in instead since he was due. I haven't taken the tribe to the hidden trail in a while mainly because of Petey; he hasn't had any kind of a limp after a run recently and everyone was so fired up that I thought I'd chance it once with him. If he limps afterwards then we won't do it again (honestly even if he doesn't I probably won't); he was having such a good time that I admit I just didn't want to cut it short for him. I got Mega on the leash at the shrimpery but this group was still insanely fast. Nobody wanted water and everyone wanted to run; we probably broke some kind of record on the way to the turn to the hidden trail. I had Mega off the leash on the beach; the water was shallow, cold and a bit stinky but the tribe are always up for horsing around in the water. I put Mega on at the tortuga sign but I should've also put Amber on and I didn't; I paid for it immediately when she chased a moto on doce as we were heading east. She danced around me when they got back to me and I had to run her down to put her on the other end of the leash. We continued on that way until Mega had to go to the bathroom and stopped suddenly; this put too much pressure on Amber's collar and it gave way, releasing her like a stone from a slingshot. The rest of the run from there on was basically one long sprint; I nearly ran her down again except Mega once again stopped suddenly (to smell something, I don't know) and that sapped our momentum. Amber just ran to the gate but I didn't appreciate being dissed that way so she spent some time in the box after the run. For the most part it was fun and high paced but Amber's shenanigans were irritating and almost completely avoidable. My fault. From now on I take two leashes with the tribe.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!