Tuesday, November 13, 2012

13.11.12

morning run:
Frijolita
Godzilla
Posey
Rufus
Elewah
Jack
Lily
Daisy
(8)

Southern charcos: ~6k. This is an incredibly fast group and we were set to go the distance until 'Zilla came up a little lame at the first turn north near the coco plantation. At first I thought it was a spine but I checked her over and she was clean; she had been rough-housing with Daisy something fierce and could easily have twisted her leg. I watched her for a couple hundred meters and she seemed to mostly shake it off but I didn't want to take any chances so I cut it short and took us home via the middle path to the Jeep berm. I'll get everyone out on a couple long ones eventually and it looks like maybe it was nothing but I'm tired of so many dogs coming up lame for whatever reason recently. In spite of being curtailed the run was otherwise nice; Lily and Elewah both listened to me on a several occasions when bad behavior seemed imminent and chose to come with me instead. Daisy didn't seem as boisterous or intent on taking runs at her running-mates as she has been. Rufus was difficult to settle at the gate but was an angel otherwise. At the very end Jack led a brief and ill-advised charge north on our road with Posey, Frijolita and Daisy in tow; no big deal but I'll try to have Jack on the leash when we arrive home next time.
GRADE: A

morning beach walk:
Lucy
Shirley
Linda
(3)

I had promised Shirley I would get her out and the other two both needed it so what the hell. It turned out to be an incredibly uncomfortable, bug-ridden walk to just past the HoJo and back. The chaquistes on the beach were unbelievable; they did not stop hounding us from the moment we hit the beach. It must be all the seaweed; the water was shallow and stinky which means there's a lot of submerged, rotting seaweed on the bottom. It was also cold and choppy so nobody was much into swimming. Bugs aside everyone had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!