Wednesday, November 7, 2012

07.11.12

morning walk/jog:
Osita
Shirley
Rufus
Jack
Linda
(5)

To the tortuga sign on the beach and home via the monte: ~4k. We went a little farther than the tortuga sign at first but then I realized that we should come back in the monte (people everywhere, too much crazy dog energy) so I doubled back and headed home the usual way from that point. I'm going to MĂ©rida today but we got up early and we both really wanted Shirley to get out and Rufus to get out so this seemed like a good way to do it. The ocean is churned up and the beach is windy and cool - perfect for this crew. I left with Shirley on the leash and Rufus off; he was completely crazed in the first 50m and then I realized there was someone staying in a tent under the palapa at the army base and I didn't want Rufus pulling his berserker routine... he usually doesn't but you never know. I wrestled him down (demonstrating that I do indeed have a ground game), got him on the other end of the leash and we carried on until past the HoJo that way. By the tortuga sign he had calmed down and was off the leash having fun with his buddy Jack. Linda and Osita also both had a blast. Shirley is not supposed to run but she's so crazy and enthusiastic that I fear for her hips just walking; since she has lost weight and looks so good it seems like they don't bother her so much and I watched how she was using her back legs intently. We ended up jogging a little bit in stretches just to burn off the excess energy that everyone was exuding; not too long at once and slowly but it made Shirley happy. I hope she doesn't end up paying for it. On the way home I put Rufus back on the other end of the leash at the shrimpery; we ran into a construction worker walking south as we were coming north on our road and everyone behaved perfectly, including the dogs in the yard. Silly humans misbehaved on the beach a lot directly in front of the house while I was gone, which irritates both Roni and I, but our dogs were all stellar for the most part. Yay pack.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!