Thursday, November 15, 2012

15.11.12

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Eve
Blue
Osita
Chester
Gowron
Mo
(8)

Southern charcos: ~9k. We went north to avoid flamingos on the way out, crossing the alt. land bridge and hitting the swimming hole on the way to the eastward road, turning south onto the palapa road and coming home via the land bridge. This last bit was stupid. On the way out I thought about going across the land bridge but there were flamingos literally standing on it so we took the dirty road to the other land bridge, but by the time we were coming home I had already forgotten that (the stupid part) and we nearly shook hands with those same flamingos. When I realized my error I pulled us back and started north again to the alt. land bridge but it is quite a bit longer and we had already been out for a while so I decided against it. Instead I put Mo on the hook (least trustworthy), walked towards the land bridge and talked to the dogs a lot to make some noise the birds could hear. This group is so well-behaved that nobody tried anything funny and sure enough the sound of my voice and our very slow advance had the desired effect; the flamingos moved cautiously off into the deeper part of the charco and we passed by without incident. I have to be a bit more mindful; I could've easily taken another route that would've brought us back via the intersection or something. I felt a little guilty at not taking any "problem" dogs that needed to be on the leash but once in a while it's nice to not have to worry about anyone and just run. Everyone was in fine fettle and had a great time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!