Sunday, November 1, 2015

01.11.15

morning run:
George
Tuesday
Otto
Shirley
Linda
Hazel
Cookie
Junebug
(8)

To the beach at the tortuga sign: ~4k. We took our usual way north, looped around on the beach and came home on the maginot line. Tuesday was on the leash the whole way as usual. Hazel left on the other leash and came off when we turned north towards the shack. June was off the leash until we were up on the road to the tortuga sign. I saw some people with a trike full of firewood pushing it slowly westward towards the road when we were back near the shack, so I knew I was going to have to wrangle June. When we got closer I heard a vehicle in our path so I put her on the leash. She was okay with this at first but when we got nearer to the people and vehicle she balked a bit, so I scooped her up and carried her past. Everyone else was perfect and once past them I put June down and she ran willingly on the leash. I left her on for the rest of the way because she was being good and I wanted her to get the feeling that there was nothing wrong about being on the leash. She swam like a nut in the ocean and was good on the leash in general... there were a couple of times when she made it clear she'd rather not be on the leash but a little coaxing got her over it. Hazel ran ahead a little at the very end; I usually have her on the leash coming home, so it was perhaps not the best tactical decision to take her with Tuesday but it wasn't a big deal. Everyone was good and had a good time on a shorty.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!