Tuesday, November 3, 2015

03.11.15

morning run:
Rufus
Daisy
Twiggy
Luna
MoMo
Lex
Murci
Zoila
(8)

Monte loop: ~3k. I wanted to go to the beach at the tortuga sign like last time with Zoila but we ran into people and she balked. I was in fact just thinking that I should put her on the leash before we got to the end of the blue.bag trail when I heard people ahead: salt workers bagging up salt right at the end of the blue bag trail. Zoila veered off into the monte just shy of the trail and I thought she was going to run around the people, which most of the rest of the dogs had already done. I tried to catch up with her where I thought she would come out on the road but she didn't appear - she obviously just turned around right there and ran home. I suspected this but since I didn't know I took the rest of us around for a few loops to try and find her, and we ended up coming home without ever having made it to the beach. Oh, well. Zoila did in fact run straight home. I'll have her on the leash early next time. Rufus was not so bad getting out today and everyone else was perfect, dealing with all the stopping and changing direction without a hitch.
GRADE: A

mid-day swim #1:
Greta
(1)

It has been stormy for quite a while now but in the last couple of days the ocean has calmed down. Today it was reasonably pleasant and Greta was an angel.
GRADE: A

mid-day walk/swim #2:
Archie
(1)

Archie really wanted to go running but we can't let him do that, so we just walked north on the beach with him on the leash. I let him off for a little while after we were north of the HoJo but he wanted to run too much so I put him back on and we jogged most of the way home. He wasn't interested in swimming but I managed to drag him in for a quick dip anyway.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!